Customizing the Home Page
Jump to Section:
The PDI home page can be completely customized, allowing you to specify the position of each widget, hide the widgets you don’t need, and configure the ones you do need. To access the Customize Your Home Page pop-up screen to customize your PDI Home Page, click the Gear icon located to the right of the Quick Links widget on your home page. The Customize Your Home Page pop-up features a series of drop-down menus of pop-ups that allows you to select your quick links and widgets. Once you have selected your quick links and widgets, you can then decide if your home page layout will be exclusive to your account, or if you will share your custom layout with other users.
Customizing Your Home Page
Customizing your Home Page is as simply as using the series of drop-down menus in the Customize Your Home Page pop-up to select the elements you would like to display. You can select up to 6 quick links and 4 additional widgets outside of the Quick Link widget.
- Quick Link 1-6 - Allows you to select the quick links you would like to display. You will have access to all of the main pages in the program.
- Home Page Component 1-4 - Allows you to select the widgets that will be displayed in the home page layout.
- Save this Layout as My default view - Saves the layout you have created as the layout for your user account.
- Save this Layout for others to use - Saves the layout so it can be used by other users in your organization account.
- Layout Name - Assigns a name to the created layout.
- Loading Existing Home Page Layout - Loads the settings from a previously saved custom home page layout.
Creating a Custom Layout
- Click on the icon on the home page.
- (Optional) Use the Quick Link 1-6 drop-down menus to select the quick links you would like to display.
- (Optional) Use the Home Page Component 1-4 drop down menus to select the widgets you would like to display.
- (Optional) Activate the Save this Layout as My default view check box if you would like to give this layout to yourself.
- (Optional) Activate the Save this Layout for others to use check box if you would like to assign this layout to others.
- Use the Layout Name text box to assign a name to the layout
- Click the Save button.