Jump to Section
The Manage Canvassers page gives users the ability to create quickly create new volunteers and edit existing volunteers in a singular page. The Manage Canvassers page uses a spreadsheet layout similar to the Spreadsheet Data Entry page. Users can use this page to mass edit/create a large number of volunteers at one time. Users can use the search text box at the top of the page to search the spreadsheet for a particular volunteer, as well as using the empty row at the bottom of the spreadsheet can be used to add additional volunteers, or clicking the Add New Volunteer button to access the Add Volunteer pop-up screen. People created in this page are automatically enabled to access the Online Phone Bank and Mobile App. Always make sure to click the Save button before leaving the page to save any newly added volunteers or changes made to preexisting volunteers.
Using the Manage Canvassers Page
- Search By Last Name, Email or Phone - Allows you to search for a specific volunteer by either name, email or phone number.
- Filter By - Allows you to filter the list by canvassing coordinator.
- Search - Searches for a volunteer who fits in the Search By Last Name, Email or Phone and Filter By criteria.
- Add New Volunteer - Populates the Add Volunteer pop-up screen so you can add an additional volunteer.
- Save - Saves any changes made in the Manage Canvassers page.
- View Details - Clicking the link brings you to that volunteer's person details page.
- Last Name - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's last name.
- First Name - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's first name.
- Email - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's email address. This is the email address that will be used to log into the Mobile App and Online Phone Bank.
- Phone - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's phone number.
- Password - Allows you to view and set the password that the volunteer will use to log into the Mobile App.
- Organizer - Activating this checkbox activates the volunteer as an Organizer.
- Assign to Organizer - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's canvassing Organizer.
- Status - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's Volunteer Status.
- Level - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's Volunteer Level.
- Zone - Allows you to view and set the volunteer's Volunteer Zone.
Creating a Volunteer Using the Spreadsheet
In the blank row use the Last Name and First Name columns to enter in the individuals last name and first name respectively. Use the drop-down menu in the Volunteer Status column to set the individuals volunteer status to either Prospect or Active. All other columns are optional. If the volunteer will be using the Online Phone Bank fill in the Email field for the record. If the volunteer will be using the Mobile Canvassing App fill in the Email and Password fields. Click the Save button to save any change.
Creating a Volunteer from the Add New Volunteer Button
- Click the Add New Volunteer button.
- Use the First Name textbox to enter in the first name of the canvasser.
- Use the Last Name textbox to enter in the last name of the canvasser.
- (Optional) If you would like to provide the individual with access to the Online Phone Bank or Mobile App, use the Email textbox to enter in the individual's email address.
- (Optional) Fill out any remaining textboxes you would like to add.
- Click the Save button.
- (Optional) If you would like to provide the individual with access to the Mobile App, add a password in the Password field.
- Click the Save button.