Navigating the PDI
Jump to Section:
The Navigation Menu is the main method of navigation in the PDI program. The Navigation Menu is present at the top of every page in the program, and allows users to access any part of the program that has been permissioned to them. If you believe any sections are missing, contact your internal PDI Admin. The Navigation Menu is divided into 6 menu options and a search box that allows you to search for a specific page. The Quick Links section features up to 6 bookmarks, and is only displayed on the homepage. Quick Links give you the ability to quickly access specific parts of the program without the need of navigating through the Navigation Menu. You can also customize your Quick Links section to suit your needs. Click here for more information on customizing your Quick Links.
Using the Navigation Menu
In Navigation Menu the first 5 options work by hovering your cursor over the a section in the menu that you would like to access. If the section contains an arrow, it will generate a drop down menu. You then use that drop down menu to find the page or sub-category you want to access. Clicking on a page button will bring you to the page. If you hover your cursor over a sub-category, it will create a sub-menu. Clicking on an option in a sub-menu will bring you to the selected page. Below are descriptions about each category in the navigation menu. If a Navigation Menu category does not have a arrow, it will not create a drop-down menu, and instead can be clicked on to access the page.
- Actions - Contains links to pages that allow you to create universes, outputs, and search for individual people and voters.
- Individual People Search - The Individual People Search page allows you to search for individual voters and people.
- Create Universes - The Create Universes page allows you to create both voter and people universes.
- List & Files - Contains links to pages that allow you to create outputs and output layouts.
- Process List and Files - Generate outputs from your universes and printed surveys.
- Create Custom List - Create custom layouts for both walk list and phone list.
- Create Custom Files - Create custom layouts for spreadsheet exports.
- Data Entry - Contains links to our various data entry pages.
- Canvass / Phone List - Input the data you have collected from your paper list.
- Spreadsheet Data Entry - Input and edit the data of your People Database in a spreadsheet format.
- Volunteer Management - Easily manage and create volunteers in a spreadsheet format.
- Import Flags - Import flags to both voter and people records using a spreadsheet.
- Voter Registration - Allows you to register an individual as a future voter into the program, and pre-flag an individual before they become a registered voter.
- Import Data - Contains links to pages that allows you to quickly enter in data into your Organization Account.
- Import ID Flags - Import flags into your Voter and People database from a spreadsheet file.
- Import Phones and Emails - Import additional phone numbers and email addresses to voter records.
- Import Precincts Areas - Convert a list of precincts contained in a spreadsheet into a Voter Universe.
- Import New People - Import a list of people from a spreadsheet into your people database.
- Outreach - Contains links to our various canvassing tools.
- Phone Canvassing - Features link to internal and integrated phone canvassing tools.
- Online Phone Bank - Create and share your online phone bank.
- Compliance Calls
- Robo Calls
- Field Canvassing - Contains links to our internal mapping system and mobile app management system.
- Cut and Edit Turf - Allows you to cut custom turf in our mapping system.
- Assign and Print Turf - Allows you to assign precincts and custom turf to your canvassers or print our those precincts and custom turfs as paper walk list.
- Approve Mobile Data - Approve the data from your mobile canvassing into the program.
- Transfer Assignments
- Manage Projects and Turf - Manage your mobile projects and custom turfs.
- Email Sending - Links to various pages to create and send emails from within the program.
- Create and Edit Emails - Create and edit email messages.
- Manage Email Deliveries - Schedule your emails out for delivery.
- Create Seed List - Create seed list from your people database.
- Manage Auto Send - Schedule emails to automatically send.
- Email Settings - Create email profiles and categories.
- Relay Texting - Links to various pages that allow you to utilize our ThruText integration.
- Relay Texting - Send ThruText text messages from within the program.
- Send Universe to Relay - Send your universe directly to ThruText from within the program.
- Import from Relay - Import your file from ThruText.
- Relay Configuration - Configure your ThruText account.
- Web Forms - Links to various pages that allow you to create web forms and manage the information that comes back from those forms.
- Create and Edit Webforms - Create and edit web forms.
- Manage Transactions - Approve and match the data coming in from your web forms.
- Payments Report - Produce a report of the transactions that have occurred in your web forms.
- Transaction Stats
- Payment Setup - Setup your stripe account so you can accept donations and ticket purchases in your web forms.
- Member Site - Access your membership portal.
- Phone Canvassing - Features link to internal and integrated phone canvassing tools.
- Reports - Contains links to our various reports and report builders.
- Voter File Count Reports - Create voter count reports using a wide variety of options.
- Field Activity Reports - Create count reports of your canvassing activity.
- Visualization Reports - Create a report
- Admin - Contains links to Organization Account management pages.
- Surveys and Data Configuration - Create new data points such as survey questions, data sources, candidates, etc.
- Account Settings - Manage your account settings, file pickup folders, and viewable data points.
- Add/Edit User Accounts - Create and manage the users that have access to your organization account.
- Billing Management - Review your billed outputs and manage your billing folders.
- Account Center - Review your billed outputs.
- Billing Info - Create and manage your billing folders and edit your billing information.
- Billing Center
- Manage Billing Output - Review your billed outputs.
- Work Orders
- Data Sharing - Share your ID Flags with other organization accounts and approve data from other organization accounts into your account.
- Exports - Export a list of polling place or flags.
- Export All Flags - Export all of the ID Flags from your organization account into an Excel spreadsheet.
- Export Polling Places - Export a list of polling places that overlap with your accounts geography.
- Manage Output File - Manage and review your outputs.
- Manage Universes / List - Manage your universes and static list.
- Manage Sub-Accounts - Create and manage sub-accounts.
- Client Order
- List Authorization - Authorize list generate from your child accounts that require approval.
- File Pickup - Clicking on this category will bring you to the File Pickup page.
Using the Search Box
The Search Box can be used to freely navigate through the program. To use the search box, just type in the partial name of the page you would like to access, and click on the result in the populated box.
The Hamburger Menu
The Hamburger Menu features options that directly affect your own organization account. To access the hamburger menu, click on the hamburger icon. This will display a list of your options.
- Manage User Profile - Allows you to change your organization account, email, and password.
- Manage Account Geography - Allows you to set and remove geographic filters on your organization account.
- Switch to Child Account - Allows you to switch to a child organization account.
- Help Center - Gives you access to our help center resources.
- Sign Out - Logs you out of your user account.
Using Quick Links
The Quick Links section can display up to 6 links at a time on your homepage. The links are displayed as icons, and pages are accessed just by clicking on the icon. Since the amount of Quick Links are limited to 6 at a time, you cannot access the entire program at one time using this method, and instead this section should just be used to quickly access your most used pages. Click here for information on customizing your Quick Links.
- I am missing some options in the drop down menus. - These options are administered by your internal account administrator. Please contact your administrator for access to additional program features.